Thursday, August 21, 2008

So Far So Good.

Well, the move went well. Here is my new home:

So yes. Yay college dorms.

Pretty much all I've have done since being in Austin is walk to the music building, grab trumpet, walk to the Bubble, march march march, take trumpet back to music building, play play play, free lunch, more Bubble and more play. My lips are chapped, to say the least. And though it seems I am complaining, it really is cool to be here. I mean, I have played the intro and first phrase to Texas Fight about a kajillion times (hopefully with many many more to come), but the fact that I am here and getting to play it is absolutely amazing. I do find, however, that I either have Texas Fight or any of the six Led Zeppelin songs that have been drilled into our heads the past couple days stuck in my head at all times.

But I'm not complaining :)

Auditions tomorrow morning and afternoon (both playing and marching) to be followed by the postings of the 2008-2009 Showband of the Southwest at 7:00 PM... I'll feel much better after that.

Bed time. Rehearsal in the Bubble at 8 AM, which means leaving shortly after 7:15 to allow a 10-15 minute walk, time to get my trumpet from my locker and walk the 5-10 minutes from the MBE to said rehearsal sight.


And my calves hurt.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to see you're having a blast and enjoying playing your trumpet. I'm so proud that it makes me wanna pee. ttyl

Anonymous said...

The room looks good. Very comfortable. I think you'll have a great time!