Saturday, August 2, 2008

Men Who Have My Heart:


This is ONE reason why I just love Mr. Ian Kinsler.


Is an explanation really even required?


Took some time, but I would definitely consider myself a Milton Bradley fan.


Yeah I could have gone for one of his picture-perfect swings, or even a shot from the recent national media funfest that was the Home Run Derby, but this picture is hilarious. Josh Hamilton is so cool :D


First game in the Majors: Brandon Boggs slides feet first for a ball tailing toward the wall. He catches the ball, but his knee takes a direct hit to the concrete strip at the bottom, and with a loud thud, Ranger fans saw exactly what Brandon Boggs is all about :)


Gotta love Marlon's attitude.


100% spectacular.


Chris Davis deserves a picture out of the Ranger garb. Look at those killer eyes, I mean really...


Typical Gerald Laird.


I love Teagarden for multiple reasons, but it's a definite plus that he is a former Longhorn :)


The proud owner of the longest last name in the league: Jarrod Saltalamacchia.


Ramon Vazquez is on probation with me. I've always liked him, but when he starts cuttin' down my team and all the guys that work so hard to make it better, it just kinda bumps you down my People-Who-I-Think-Are-Cool list, of which spots are highly coveted ;)


I know Eddie Guardado is not in a Ranger uniform, but this is a lot of what makes Eddie Eddie.



And of course, the beautiful cathedral at which God's greatest game is played.



/sigh/ And people wonder why I'm so much different during the 6 month span from April to September. And real fans (not people who like Josh Hamilton and are, by association, Ranger/baseball EXPERTS) are those who wait patiently for that glorious season in which our boys from Texas will postpone the off-season for a month and journey into the playoffs. And if you find yourself laughing because you don't see how the Rangers could ever make it to October, give them a couple years and keep your foot close. You'll need it to put in your mouth.

2 comments:

The said...

Just so you know I don't have faith in the Rangers to make the playoffs anytime soon. Their history says otherwise but I do agree they are playing better :)

The said...

and I like the new blog