Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Este y Esto

That title is my tribute to the Mexicans taking the bronze medal in some women's diving competition tonight in Beijing. It was funny watching this event because the divers count down so that they jump and twist and whatnot in time, thus improving their score. I learned how to say "go" in Chinese: Ah (and I know the spelling is not right, but that's how it sounded). And upon the Australian team saying "Ready... go", I confirmed my suspicions that if I ever marry out of country, he will be from Down Under. It's just such a spectacular accent. I mean... the whole country was founded as a place for British outlaws. How badass is that?


China won the gold medal for the women's synchronized platform diving. They look the exact same (and like little boys, I might add). Crazy Communists. I bet they bred them to be Olympians.

Michael Phelps is a merman. He was just given legs... like Ariel in The Little Mermaid.

Check this out:
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&tab=wl
Go to "Get Directions", type in whatever starting point you want but have it finish at "Dean Keaton and University, Austin, TX". Once you have those directions pulled up, click on the destination bubble (the big green B that is in Austin). Zoom in to the next to highest bar and click the "street view" box in the upper right corner of the map display. Put the little orange man (his color is oh so fitting) right to the right of the words "W 26th St". The image that appears will automatically face you toward a tanish building. Do a 180 and face an old-looking brown building that has trees in front of it as well as a bus stop and some benches. See it? That's where I will be living at this time next week :D I was talking to Stacy earlier and she was asking if I was excited to be realizing the timeline at hand. My response, "If I were to pee my pants, that still wouldn't relieve all of the energy and jitters that come with it." She found that amusing.

I finally got the hang of my job just in time to leave it. My last day is Friday, and though I'm no where close to sad that I get to throw up the dueces to Holiday Inn-Denton, it is kinda frustrating that I have learned all of it just to forget it all over the coming semester. Oh well.



Had a guy come in today. Imagine on . He was from Poland, wore a tight white undershirt, smelled like the unpleasant mix of raisens, dead flowers, and rotten chicken, and had a little tassle of gems hanging off of the antenna on his cell phone. That was a pleasant start to the morning...

Wanna know why I don't want the Rangers to win the Wild Card this year? Against the Red Sox tonight, the Rangers fell behind 10-0 in the first inning courtesy of Scott Feldman. Because God has blessed this club with an unbelievable offense, we came back from that and took at 14-15 lead in the sixth inning. Jamey Wright comes in and gives up a run. Tie ballgame. Next inning my LEAST favorite pitcher on the staff Frank Francisco gives up a GRAND FREAKING SLAM to Kevin Youkilis after intentionally walking David Ortiz. Our pitching staff is not ready for the playoffs... at all. They are way too unreliable and will undoubtedly let us down if we were to miraculously fight our way back and clinch the Wild Card. This year is not the year. I want them to get close... I want them to taste success and play games that matter late in the season. But it's not about 2008. Just be patient.

On the plus side, how about Marlon Byrd?! The dude is on fire. I think Josh Lewin said earlier that he is batting like .600 on the road. Ridiculous.

Families are great. And if you could hear my tone of voice, you would realize that I am being completely sarcastic.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yes and your level of excitement and the way you chose to phrase it is still pretty freakin amusing. I'm sad to hear the Rangers lost, so I guess I could have kept watching and it wouldn't have mattered.

Pretty much anyone from outside the U.S. does not see a need to use the wonderful product of deodorant & they smell AWFUL! I feel your pain as I have had to check in many guests so far this month who have been outside sweating & then they come inside to check in....needless to say the smell is awful.

Yes families ARE amazing! Especially families like yours when you have a big sister like me to make your world just a little brighter every day :)