Saturday, August 2, 2008

Point of No Return.

Ranger game got done semi-early last night, but Stacy, me, and her friend talked for a bit, and by the time I got home and discussed the game con mi padre, it was like 1:30 or 2 when I was crawling into bed. I woke up at 5 (note: ON TIME!), giving me less than 5 hours to recharge myself, so I found that getting out of my beloved sleeping zone really wasn't too difficult. Got ready, got to work a whole two minutes early, but by 6:45, a mere 45 minutes into my shift, I hit a wall (not literally, though that has happened). Honestly, the dark circles under my eyes were so bad that it probably looked like I got in a serious fight and lost... TWICE. Despite my urge to do a "room service" call just to go sleep on one of the spectacular beds for like 20 minutes, I fought through the day and bitchy customers for the sake of $4.25 an hour. Great incentive, don't laugh at me.

The main thing I want to do right now is sleep. It is one of my favorite activities and it has been far too long since I have had the privilege of gazing at the back of my eyelids. And that time will have to be postponed even further due to a party tonight. Don't get me wrong, I love parties as much as the next person, but I'm taking bets on how long I will last. I'm hoping that I meet the threshold at fatigue and delirium and conquer it with flying colors. Otherwise, the fun night will turn out to be quite the bummer. Party starts at 10.Hopefully I'll make it that far :D

No comments: