Wednesday, December 10, 2008

I would just like to share...

... that it is snowing in Austin, Texas. And not little whimpy flakes. They are big, fat, LEGIT flakes. Before I made it outside, I heard doors being slammed up and down the halls with girls eager to get outside and catch a flake on their tongues and eyelashes. I took a brief walk around campus and saw several streakers (typical) and cute couples walking hand in hand, cuddled up next to each other.

Though, this snow is kind of weird because it was literally 75 degrees this afternoon. I got breakfast/lunch in a tshirt and shorts, and I just put on leggings, long socks, pants, a long-sleeved shirt, tshirt, and jacket to go to the tower and back.

On my way back I heard several passing conversations of, "How am I supposed to study when it's doing this?!" and "OMG, I have a final tomorrow. But I've never seen snow before so I feel like I HAVE to be outside or something." It was kind of cool. Everyone had been buried in their books for hours and are planning on doing so for a couple more. However, with one swift mention of the word "snow", students jumped from their studying, piled on the layers, and were soon prancing about and giggling in the wintery weather like little kids. God plans the coolest study breaks.

The weather outside is FINALLY startin' to look a little frightful. And as I gaze out of my window at the sheet of white flakes floating down from the Austin sky, I can't help but whistle a familiar tune. After all, it is beginning to look a lot like Christmas.


Happy Finals, everyone :)





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well said, Rebecca. Glad you got to go out and enjoy it. All in all, it has been a pretty memorable 1st semester, hasn't it?