Monday, October 27, 2008

My favorite center

Remember the centers from kindergarten or preschool? I always looked forward to the arts and crafts center WAY more than the house center. This is my creative effort for the week. All of these pictures were done in Paint, and yes, a five year old could do them better with his foot.


I took part in early voting this past week. Not only was I the only McCain-er in line (as made evident my the glares given right after Kristy shouted, "No you can't vote! You're gonna vote Republican!"), but I will be one of the only right-sided votes from the entire campus. Yeah minority.



LHB had Parents Weekend. This one is pretty self-explanatory.



This almost didn't happen. What an exciting game though, very intense. Now on to Texas Tech... it would have been a rough game anyway, but it being our final game of a four week Death March through the Big XII AND having the game in Lubbock is going to make it even tougher. Our team is just so tired... we can only hope they have four quarters left in them.



Camille and I were listening some good 'ol Shania Twain last night. When "Honey, I'm Home" came on, I was thrown back to those prepubescent years when Stacy rented a karaoke machine for a birthday party. After all her friends had left, I saw it fit to fill the Chadwell household with my beautiful rendition of the song. Thus, the end of my vocal career. (NOTE: the asteric around "pms" is because I thought I was breaking some sort of rule saying the term. I would always get super quiet when that part came around.. just to avoid any kind of trouble)



While bringing back laundry to my room last night, Aly, who lives next door, was walking out of her room. This was her outfit; the epitome of a trendy sheep. Please take notice in her overly fake-baked skin, 80s throwback of the sideways ponytail, the Tyler's shirt-Nike shorts combo that all the sorostitutes wear every single day, the random assortment of colors making up the Nike shorts, the UGG boots (completely unnecessary in last night's weather), AND the oh-so-favorite Coach bag. I had to run into my room and shut the door to avoid laughing right in front of her.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

THIS IS WHY I LOVE YOU!! ok well maybe not the only reason why i love you but this post TOTALLY made my night and made me laugh out loud literally. I especially love the artwork for all of them, but the one of you and dad and you singing karaokee was great :-)

I can't believe you had to run in your room to avoid laughing at the girl who lives next door. that made me laugh too :-)

Anonymous said...

Very nice. I have always enjoyed your artwork because of the things you notice about a scene. Clearly, you needed a creative outlet tonight!! Looks like you had fun with it. Thank you for sharing.